1:30 pm – 3:30 pm
Please join us for our new Talk & Walk series, partnering with the Cape Elizabeth Land Trust (CELT). This month we’ll spend an hour, starting at 1:30 at the library with our host Allysun West:
- Learning about the importance of using natural fibers and natural dyes in our clothing and fabric.
- Talking about how next to the oil industry, the fashion industry is the 2nd top producer of waste with the use and production of synthetic materials and chemical dyes.
- Thinking of ways to move from these polluting fast-fashion mind sets to slow-fashion lifestyles.
- Learning how the plants we use for dye benefit our earth and benefit the health of our bodies.
- Discussing the process of dyeing.
Then at 2:30, we’ll go on a walk at Fort Williams to identify plants that gift us with color. You can come to the talk, the walk, or both. No registration is needed. Please dress appropriately for a gentle walk at Fort Williams.