We are pleased to announce that, in addition to our existing cooperative arrangement with South Portland Public Library, you may now use your TML card at three other libraries close by: Scarborough Public Library, Walker Memorial Library in Westbrook, and Baxter Memorial Library in Gorham!
- Will I need to get a new card at each library?
No, your home library (TML) card will work everywhere.
- I forgot my library card; can I still checkout?
You will need to bring your home library (TML) card when visiting other libraries. A photo ID may not be accepted when visiting other libraries.
- May I return items borrowed from one library to another?
If possible, return items to the library you borrowed them from. If you can’t, we’ll send them back.
- Will I be charged late fees?
Late fees are charged based on your home library’s rules (TML doesn’t charge fees). Please be respectful of other libraries’ materials and return them on time.
- Can I place a request while at another library?
No; this arrangement only covers materials on the shelf. Any ILL requests or holds should be made at your home library or online.
The library is open again on Saturdays from 9:00-5:00. Enjoy!
The Thomas Memorial Library has switched to Bibliotheca’s Cloud Library by 3M because it is more user-friendly, gives us access to more titles, and allows school libraries to join in on the fun!
You are now able to sync your ebooks & audiobooks between six devices automatically and can stream audiobooks using wifi instead of downloading. We can also add parental passwords for families. The improvements are endless!
To access this incredible resource, download a “new” app called Cloud Library. Content will remain largely unchanged, but Kindle E ink devices will no longer be supported. The new app is fun and easy to use. You’ll find complete details here!
We have library passes for:
- The Portland Museum of Art featuring American, European, and contemporary art collections.
- The Tate House Museum, a national historic landmark and only pre-Revolutionary war house in Portland, Maine that is open to the public.
- The Portland Observatory, open daily with free guided tours.
- Maine Maritime Museum, with displays and hands-on exhibits that tell the tale of Maine’s maritime history.
We also have a State Park Pass you can check out for three days.
Museums and parks are a great way to learn in a new environment. Check them out!