- Author Name Pronunciation Guide: Ever wondered how to pronounce an author’s name? This website offers a collection of brief recordings of children’s and young adult authors & illustrators saying their names.
- BookBrowser: a guide for Avid Readers: BookBrowser, created by two librarians and a book reviewer, is dedicated to readers and reading. It includes reviews, reading lists, forthcoming titles, author information and more, and users may submit author names or features they would like to see added.
- BookPage On-Line: On-line version of a monthly publication utilized by consumers, libraries, booksellers, and publishers. It offers many resources including reviews, author interviews, new releases, and bestsellers.
- GoodReads: A social networking site for book lovers! See what your friends are reading. Keep track of what you’ve read and organize your books into virtual bookshelves. Join a book club to discuss your favorite books.
- LibraryThing: More than another great social networking site for the bookish, LibraryThing also a nifty–and powerful–personal library inventory tool.
- Literary Map of Maine: “The Literary Map of Maine is a partnership between the Maine Sunday Telegram and several library and humanities groups in Maine. Newspaper readers were asked to nominate Maine books and authors for the project; an eight-member committee worked to narrow the list of reader-submitted titles and their own nominations to the 50 places on this map.”
- Nancy Pearl: The website of Nancy Pearl features book reviews from the author of Book Lust, More Book Lust, Book Crush, and many more. Having worked as a librarian and bookseller in Detroit, Tulsa, and Seattle, Pearl’s knowledge of and love for books is unmatched. The former Executive Director of the Washington Center for the Book, Pearl also hosts a monthly television program Book Lust with Nancy Pearl on the Seattle Channel. She is a regular commentator about books on National Public Radio’s “Morning Edition” and NPR affiliate stations KUOW in Seattle and KWGS in Tulsa. Nancy Pearl is also the model for the Librarian Action Figure from novelty company Archie McPhee.
- Overbooked: Formerly known as Book Links, this site is offered by Virginia Central University. It includes lists of forthcoming titles with with publication dates, annotated reading lists, and reviews.
- Rare Books: Lists of award winning books, information about appraisals, how to preserve books, what to look for in signed editions, and lots of other good information about collecting and selling books.
- Reading Group Choices: This site bills itself as a resource center for book groups. It features good books for discussion, tips for starting a club, advice for group leaders, and discussion guides!
- What’s Next: This site was created by the Kent District Library in Grand Rapids, MI. It allows you to search for adult fiction titles in series and is searchable by author, title, or series.
- Your Old Books: This guide answers questions about rare and/or old books, how to sell or give away these books, and how to care for old books.