Adult Summer Reading Program
July & August 2021
Summer has arrived once again and that can mean only one thing: Summer Reading season is here!! At Thomas Memorial Library, we believe that kids shouldn’t be the only ones to have a wicked awesome summer filled with books, prizes, and F-U-N, so we’re pleased to announce the glorious return of our 10th annual Adult Summer Reading program. Simple, easy and totally rad, this year’s adult program is just your size and just your speed. Think you’re too busy for summer reading? Think again! Our adult program is specially designed with your
frantic frenzied harried crazy busy active, dignified, and totally mature lifestyle in mind. We challenge any adult who says they don’t have time to give our reading program a try. And with weekly prize drawings for gift cards to local businesses, restaurants, breweries, farms, and more, plus a grand prize drawing at the end of the summer, you won’t want to miss out on this kind of action. Have we convinced you yet? Good! You may proceed:
- Sign up for our program! Stop by the adult circulation desk starting July 1st to register and pick up your Summer Reading card!
- Read, read, read! All you need to do each week is start a book, manage to read some of a book, finish a book, listen to an audiobook, or just generally interact with a book in any way. (See, we told you this was simple and easy!) If you need suggestions of what to read, just ask us or check out some of our reading lists here.
- Present your Summer Reading card at the library! Stop by the library each week throughout July and August, show us your Summer Reading card, and tell us what you did for the week. You’ll get a (fabulous) sticker to add to your reading card and a ticket to enter our weekly prize drawing. Be sure to enter each week to maximize your chances of winning. One ticket per person per week. Drawings will be held on Saturday afternoons at 3pm, so be sure to bring your card in before then.
- Get ready for prizes! Prizes of gift cards to local establishments will be given out weekly throughout July and August. Each raffle ticket you submit throughout the summer will be entered into a grand prize drawing at the end of the program.
- That’s it! That’s it? Yes, that’s IT!! Now get on in here and register already! Word on the street is that this summer is going to be EPIC, and we can only assume it has everything to do with TML’s Adult Summer Reading program. It only comes but once a year. Don’t miss it!
Thomas Memorial Library would like to thank all of our local sponsors for their incredible generosity in sponsoring this year’s Adult Summer Reading program: